Get started with Electric Vehicle Charging today
Add electric vehicle charging stations to your business or home and support the growing network of EV drivers
Autoconsumo Solar sells, installs, services, and maintains charging stations throughout Spain, so if you need a station at the office or at home, we are your full-service provider. We have experienced experts and technicians that will assess your EV charging station needs and provide you with a turnkey solution.
Autoconsumo Solar is committed to expanding the network of EV chargers throughout Spain so that more drivers have the confidence to shift to smarter, greener transportation.
5 key benefits of business electric car charging
- Customers stay for longer. Retail businesses benefit from EV charging stations. They motivate customers to stay and browse for longer with straightforward parking facilities that can simultaneously provide charging benefits. Longer browsing increases the shopping basket.
- Keeping employees happy. Employees who feel valued by the business – and whose needs are met – are more engaged and productive. Providing essential electric charging for employees demonstrates a responsive and committed employer.
- Demonstrating environmental commitment and supporting brand values. Social responsibility is key for businesses today and enabling greener transport is a crucial part of that. EV charging at the workplace sends a clear and visible message about where the business stands with respect to reducing the environmental impact of its operations and personnel.
- Improving efficiency and cutting costs. Electric charging points at work may make life easier for employees, reducing time spent seeking out where to charge, for example. For companies where vehicle fleets are part of the business there are opportunities to save on fuel and maintenance costs.
- Providing convenience for clients. Clients make decisions about which companies to partner with on the basis of a wide range of factors – and convenience is one of the most important. EV charging stations on the premises will be attractive as clients can simply fill up with charge while attending a meeting or site visit.
What Are the Advantages of Owning an Electric Car?
According to environmentally conscious websites like Earth911 and Energy Sage, there are several notable advantages of owning an electric car including:
- They are better for the environment
- Electricity can be a renewable resource, gasoline cannot
- They require less expensive and less frequent maintenance.
- They are quieter than gas vehicles
- There are tax credits available for owners of electric cars
- There are special highway lanes in some places for electric cars
- Driving your Electric Vehicle can be FREE if you charge with your photovoltaic system of solar panels or in companies such as Mercadona, El Corte Inglés where they have EV Chargers for their clients…
Live smart and drive clean
As more electric vehicles become available and the battery technology advances we will begin to see greater adoption rates. A vast network of charging stations is imperative to give drivers the peace of mind to make the shift from gas to electric. This shift in how we fuel transportation is a key factor in reducing CO2, greenhouse gas emissions and slowing climate change.
Yes. Your electric vehicle will usually come with a tri-plug adaptor cable which can be plugged into mains electricity at home, though this isn’t the most efficient way of charging your vehicle. A wallbox charger will recharge your EV much quicker and get you back up to 100% much sooner.
The battery capacity of your electric vehicle (EV) will determine how much energy can be stored and, therefore, how long it will take to charge.The battery capacity differs for each car. The Nissan LEAF, for example, has a battery capacity of 30 kW, while the Tesla Model S has a capacity of 100 kW.
Every charger has a maximum of power that can be transferred from the installation to the vehicle. The power that can be transferred to the EV is the lowest maximum deliverable power between home, charger and car.
If your house has 4.4kw, the charger 7.4kw and the onboard car charger is 7.4kw, then the charging power of your installation will be the lowest, what is 4kw. If the battery capacity is 30kw, then your battery car would be charged in 7 hours.
You’ll find that charging an electric vehicle is a lot cheaper than a full tank of fuel and you’ll get more miles for your money with an electric car.
If we’re talking numbers, an electric car will cost you around 627 € to run for a year compared to the yearly cost of 1,971 € of a petrol car.* That’s a yearly saving of 1,344 €.
If you get the electricity from your solar panels installed in your house, the cost will be 0 €, so you would be saving 1,971 € of petrol every year and you will be moving with your electric car for free!
In short? Charging your EV with a charger is safer, faster and cheaper. Safer, because the charger is smart and will control the flow of energy through the cable. Fast, because charging with a charger is about eight times faster than with just a cable. And last but not least affordable, because you can charge your car at off-peak times when electricity is cheaper than normal or even when your solar panels are producing electricity for free.
Using intelligent charging, you save actual money because you can charge your car when electricity rates are low. Companies try to even out the peaks when many people consume electricity like when they come home from work in the evening. Therefore electricity is often cheaper late at night or early in the morning, so those will be the times when you can save money. This is because these are typical off-peak hours when not so many people are using electricity. With a simple click on your phone, you can tell your charger when to start charging your car.
If you have a photovoltaic solution installed in your home or office, the best hours to charge your electric car will be the hours with sunlight, reducing the cost of charging your battery to € 0.